Search This Blog

Sunday, May 15, 2011

A shout out to Eric Carle

Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Eric Carle has been a recent literary favorite of Olivia. We borrowed it from Auntie Nicki (I'm embarrassed to say as a parent and teacher that we don't own a copy...) and we read it several times at home before returning it last month. Since that time, Olivia has been making up her own versions be it in the tub, the car, or just playing around at home as her Barbies, animals, and anyone around "see" each other.
This morning we went on a walk (stroller-style) to visit Great-Gram in the nursing home. During the walk, she crafted a fitting version:
"Sidewalk, sidewalk, what do you see? I see a car looking at me! Car, car, what do you see? I see the ground looking at me! Ground, ground, what do you see? I see Great-Gram looking at me. Great-Gram, Great-Gram, what do you see? I see Mommy looking at me! Mommy, Mommy, what do you see? I see Olivia looking at me!" Not quite as unique as purple cats and blue horses, but just as entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment