Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Peek

I decided I could get some painting done in the playroom while Olivia played in it this morning. We happily did our thing - she, coloring on her new easel, and me, on a ladder edging the ceiling of the playroom with Colonial Cobblestone (brown-gray). We talked occasionally, but there were several stretches where I didn't say anything, instead preferring to hear her talk to herself and her play things. As one point during these lulls, she burst out, "What are you peeking at?" I ignored her the first time so she repeated the question. "What are you peeking at?!" Not peeking at anything as I edged along the ceiling, I asked her, "What are you peeking at?"
"Peeking at markers!"
"Well, I guess I'm peeking at paint."
That seemed to satisfy her and we both carried on.

No comments:

Post a Comment