Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Two things that melted my heart over the weekend:

1.) We stopped at the Norske Nook on our way to Wisconsin Dells this weekend. We each enjoyed a healthy hearty dose of Scandinavian comfort food. Olivia was being cute and funny as usual, as she munched on her lefse appetizer and played with the Norwegian and American flags at the table. At one point, I told her, "You are my favorite piece of Pie (Pie being the name she goes by 90% of the time around our house). She returned the complement with, "You are my favorite piece of Mom."

2.) Walking through the water park at our resort on Saturday, Olivia said, "Hold me, Mommy."
"I'd love to hold you," I replied. Her response, "You're my best friend, Mom."
I don't know where she's heard of best friends or what exactly she thinks that means, but I'll take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment