Search This Blog

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Mommy's helper

We've started having Olivia participate in helping with easy tasks during the day to help her realize life isn't all toys and books. She takes her diapers to the trash, holds the dust pan when I sweep and fetches items for me. When she completes these tasks, I call her "Mommy's helper" and make a big deal about how helpful she it. It's a fun time all-around.
The other day she was playing with "her" pot while I was working in the kitchen. (Her pot is a itty-bitty red pot that matches the rest of our pots and pans. She has claimed it as her own and has an tiny whisk that she stirs her fake ingredients with.) I thought it might be fun for her to actually have something to stir so I put some dry oatmeal in the pot. She stirred for a few seconds, but then thought a better idea would be to empty the oatmeal out of her pot. As she scooped oatmeal out by handfuls onto the kitchen floor, she proudly exclaimed, "Helping Mommy!" Sure...now go grab the broom.



No comments:

Post a Comment