Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Car Times

As I was driving to Edinborough Park yesterday, I was participating in the ritual of "keeping Olivia happy in the car," definitely one of my favorite pastimes. The routine consists of singing a few songs, discussing where we're going and what we'll be doing, and then supplying her with adequate reading material. She has particular tastes when it comes to literature and they are subject to change at the drop of a hat. Yesterday, I had tried rattling off various titles that I had in the front seat with me, all of which were rejected with a firm "no." Finally, I resorted to giving her only two options, requiring her to pick the lessor of two evils. I asked, "would you like to read 'Round and Round the Garden' or 'Here We Go Round the Mulberry Bush'" (both of which are five-page board books). Hilariously, her thought-out out response was, "how 'bout...Mulberry Bush?" You got it, Babe.

No comments:

Post a Comment