Search This Blog

Thursday, February 16, 2012

More GF hilarity

The other day at Cub, Olivia pulled out another little funny about the realities of my gluten-free living.
At the end of the check-out line, there is a little metal shelf on which patrons place their shopping bags to load them up. Olivia loves to stand across from me on the other side of this loading zone and pretend that she is a shop-keeping/food service worker. It's just the right height for her to feel like she's standing at a counter. As I was loading the groceries on one side and she stood on the other, she asked, "Do you want to order something?" I told her I'd love some french fries. She replied, "Let me check on the computer" as she shifted her hands over to an imaginary keyboard and keyed in a few words. "Yep!" she replied. "They're gluten-free! You can have 'em!"
And then she proceeded to tell me the price was $300. I knew GF food was spendy, but...yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment