Search This Blog

Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Three Little Pigs - Part II (Vulgarity)

We are prettttty careful about what we say around our little Pie. I never thought I'd be so conservative, but something just feels weird about my two-year-old saying "butt," for instance. So imagine my surprise when, the other day, Olivia was running around, playing her real "flute" (plastic recorder that was a gift in her Christmas stocking) chanting the usual, "I toot my flute and I don't give a hoot," when suddenly, her carefree Disney words morphed into, "I toot my flute, I poop my flute, I fart my flute!" (yes, FART!) all while standing over her Christmas "flute."
Shocked at the 9-year-old boy who had taken over my daughter's body, I tried to remain calm while I asked, "What?!?! What did you say?!!?!? Did you say 'fart'? Who said that?" (So much for remaining calm)
"I did," was her  duh-Mom reply.
"But where did you hear that?"
After thinking for a while and hearing the question repeated a few more times, she gave me the hilarious and ironic answer: "Bible school."  As in, BSF, or Bible Study Fellowship, which she attends once a week with my mother-in-law.
So, add that to the list of what she's learned in BSF:
1. Her first memorized Bible verse (Is. 50:7, in case you were wondering) last spring
2. Picking up a Bible and saying, "This is the true and holy word of God"
3. Learning and using the word "fart"

By the way, after telling her "we don't say that, even though other people do" (I wonder how many times I'll be saying THAT over the next 15 years...) I haven't heard the f-word since.

No comments:

Post a Comment