Search This Blog

Friday, August 3, 2012

Lazy Elsie Marley

Olivia continues to love her Richard Scarry story book (see this one).  In this obscure Mother Goose rhyme, Elsie Marley is so lazy, she can't even get out of bed to take care of her kids. True to form, Scarry uses animal illustrations to depict the scene. Olivia loves to point to various pigs and tell me who they are. See the piglet in the top right corner sporting a blue sailor suit and worried expression? That's Daddy. Notice the crying piglet in pink near the bottom? That's Olivia (and she isn't able to tell me why she's crying, but Evie is crying next to her in purple.) Various uncles, aunts and cousins are scattered about. She loves assigning everyone a pig. Where am I, you ask?
That explains why my husband is worried and my kids are bawling...

No comments:

Post a Comment