Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Evening Prayers

Each night as I rock Olivia before bed, I pray out loud, thanking God for our sweet healthy baby, asking for a restful night for all of us, and lifting up other requests before Him. The other night, in the middle of my prayer, Olivia suddenly said "Amen!" I thought it was awesome that she knew I was praying, but wasn't totally surprised by this as 1.) she is often displays random bursts of language (especially during our nightly ritual) and 2.) I had suspected she had made a connection between our mealtime prayers and nighttime prayers, since they both start with the same "Dear Jesus." I continued to pray. I was caught off guard, however, when moments later, she added "Mommy... Jesus." What a gift that my young daughter is already beginning to realize how easily we can talk to our Heavenly Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment