Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Minnesota gal


Saturday morning rolled around bringing snow -- lots of snow. Since Olivia was coming off a solid 13-hour sleep fest, I felt it would be an opportune time for her to experience the start of a Minnesota winter. In a flash we had her outside, dressed for the elements (snowsuit over footie PJ's, fuzzy hat, but intentionally without mittens so she could touch the snow). Flakes were falling softly and the neighborhood was still. It was idyllic. Olivia, however, was...less than interested. She didn't want to walk or sit or move at all. The scene set and we were poised and ready for her to do something cute or funny, yet she just stood there. I was deflated, my dreams of a fun winter morning dashed since my kid was too wimpy to play in the snow, and then she did something so Minnesotan that it made up for everything: she stuck out her tongue to grab a snowflake just like she had been doing it her whole life. Some things are innate, folks.


What? I didn't say I was dressed for the snow...

No comments:

Post a Comment