Search This Blog

Monday, November 22, 2010

Hold you

Like many toddlers, Olivia is experiencing some confusion when it comes to differentiating between the pronouns "you" and "me." For instance, if I say, "Do you want Mommy to hold you?" she answers "Hold you!" For a while I corrected it, but for now, I've decided to let it go (because it's totally precious). She says "holding you," "rocking you," "hugging you," and the occasional "kissing you" whenever we are doing those things.
This evening Evan and Olivia were playing in our room with the baby monitor. Our fancy-pants monitor acts as a walkie-talkie so I talked to them from Olivia's room. Olivia is beginning to be able to hold a very basic conversation over the phone by saying things like "hi" and "I love you" and "bye-bye" when there is only a voice and no visual aid. After talking back and forth through the monitor for a minute, I told Olivia she was going to get her jammies on and go to bed pretty soon. Replying to me she said "okay." As I walked from her room into ours, I saw my sweet baby holding the monitor saying "hugging you."

1 comment: