Search This Blog

Monday, October 31, 2011

Eggs

While loading four bags of groceries into the trunk this morning, I made a mental note to drive carefully as not to disturb the eggs I had placed on the very top of one of the bags. Two blocks from home, I used the breaks too firmly at a stop sign and Olivia and I heard a few thumps from the trunk. "Uh-oh," I told her. "I think the bag with the eggs just tipped over. We might have broken eggs all over the trunk!" She was as anxious to assess the situation as I was when we got home. When I opened the trunk, I was surprised and relieved to see that although the egg bag had tipped and the carton was turned upside-down, only one egg was broken, and it was just a small crack - no oozing. I showed Olivia and explained again what could have happened. "Thank you, Jesus," I said "for allowing only one egg to break and not make a mess!"
Olivia's response was, "Should you ask him to fix the broken egg?"

No comments:

Post a Comment