Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

I'm in the midst of fall parent-teacher conferences at work. Yesterday was my "off" day during the day, but I still needed to be at conferences for the afternoon and evening. This meant I had to nap Olivia early, so I could get her up and to my mom's house, so I could be back at school by 2:30 to begin conferences  by 3:00. Olivia didn't fall asleep within the five minute window I gave her so it threw of our schedule a bit. She wasn't ready to wake up at 2:10, so I (cringe) had to wake her from her nap. I tiptoed in and softly said, "It's time to wake up and go to Grandma's."
"Okay," she replied in a matter-of-factly. She was much more with-it and much less grumpy than I was expecting (or myself would have been), but I was still feeling a little bad for having woken her.
As I carried her down the stairs, I apologized, "Sorry I had to wake you from your nap."
She gently patted my back and said sweetly, "I forgive you."

No comments:

Post a Comment