Search This Blog

Thursday, December 1, 2011

I haven't done a very good job updating this blog to reflect what's actually going on with the Joneses, as the blog title suggests. So, here's a status update:
I'm pregnant - due April 30.
Olivia celebrates her one-week anniversary of sleeping in a big girl bed tonight. We bought a new bed and mattress set so gave her our old bedroom set. She is now sleeping in a queen-size, low, white Ikea bed. She looks like a tiny newborn baby in a crib again. Evan and I feel like big kids, too, in our super high "grown-up" bed. Right now, Olivia's room looks like a teenager's so I'm thinking of ways to make it look like a two-year-old. Meanwhile, Olivia's crib and furniture went to the baby's room (former office). It's all set up in there, waiting for the gender reveal next Wednesday after which the room will be decorated and possibly painted. The office furniture went across the hall to the former guest room. It's a smaller room so we're in the midst of paper-purging. All four rooms got a makeover and we lost a guest room which is a huge loss - not. We've had one guest in the past seven months. We'll make it work.
Downstairs, we've ordered a new couch and ottoman for the living room. Both are scheduled to arrive before Christmas. I'm super anxious to get the couch so I can get a rug, end tables, and window treatments. I'm sure the neighbors will miss the "Live from the Joneses" show they get each night after sundown, but they'll live. I might be able to decide on a light fixture for the dining room at some point now, too.
On the food front, I'm strictly adhering to my gluten-free diet. It isn't fun and I'm usually hungry. All in the name of health, right?
Now, wasn't that fun? Consider yourself updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment