Search This Blog

Friday, July 22, 2011

Here comes...

Look closely at the photo below. What did this almost-two-year-old tell me she was after perfectly placing this ordinary paper grocery bag behind her?

Give up?
She came walking into the kitchen like this and said:
"I'm a bride! I look like Cinderella. I be beautiful!"
(I think she meant "I will be beautiful," unless she's picking up some ebonics from our time spent at Valley View Pool...)

We have been reading Cinderella recently and it's become a fast favorite. The last picture in the book is of a princess bride Cinderella marrying her prince. Olivia is dying to be a bride (yikes) and pretends she is getting married whenever she puts something out of the ordinary on her head for a crown/veil.
Funny related side-note -- When we were in the car the other day, she was talking about having a wedding. I told her someday when she was [MUCH] older, she would get to be married and wear a fancy dress. I said she would have to find a very nice boy. She agreed with me and then said, "We will laugh together!" Not a bad thing to put on her "Mr. Right" list.

No comments:

Post a Comment