Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

1, 2, whatever

I took Olivia to her first play last week. It was a kid-friendly, condensed version on "Annie." On the way to the play, I gave O a heads-up on what to expect: clapping, lights-out periods between scenes, laughing, quiet listening, etc. I told her we would be watching kids perform a story, to which she said, "I'm a kid."I confirmed, yep, she was a kid.
O: You're a kid, Mom.
Me: Nope, I'm a grown-up.
O: I'm a grown-up.
Me: Nope, you're a kid. You won't be a grown up until you're 18. That's a long time from now because you're only two.
O: (her word-for-word answer) I'm one, Mom. (only the "duh" is implied...)
I guess "rounding up" doesn't work for a 23-month-old.
BTW, she did great during the play. She became immediately obsessed with the dog, Sandy, played by a 10-year-old girl in a dog costume, and asked, "Where'd the puppy go?" every time dog-girl left the stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment