Search This Blog

Thursday, August 11, 2011

I heart Grandpa

After bath time the other night, I grabbed a clean onesie for Olivia to wear with her pajama pants - yes, she's old enough to be wearing pajama pants to bed, but still babyish enough to pair them with a onesie. As soon as she spied it, she said "I love Grandpa shirt!" (Blue onesie with 'I love Grandpa' stitched on it)
"Do you love Grandpa? Grandpa loves you. You have two grandpas."
"Grandpa Jones and Grandpa Jim," she replied. It surprised me how quickly and accurately she recalled this.
"You have a great grandpa, too - Great Grandpa Bauman. He's Mommy's grandpa. Mommy had another grandpa, too, but he's in heaven. You have another Grandpa in heaven with Jesus, too. You'll get to meet Grandpa Dahlen and Great Grandpa Dahlen in heaven someday. They will be excited to see you!"
Olivia listened to what I said, processed, and then said "God's friends."
Friends of God, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment