Search This Blog

Friday, August 12, 2011

God IS good!

Olivia requested an additional song at bedtime tonight. Since I had already sung to her, prayed with her, put her blankie over her, and rubbed her back, I told her no. However, I gave her permission to sing to herself (aren't I altruistic?). As I walked out of her room, I could hear her sweet little voice softly singing, "God is so good...God is so good...God is so good, he's so good...to...me."
A little background:
We've been singing that song a lot recently. It started with a trip to the grocery store several weeks ago. As we were leaving, I mentioned that I was thankful that God gave (gives) us enough money for food and the things we need...and then I started singing "God is so good" in the Cub parking lot. Since then, we sing it often and with purpose. We frequently sing it as we reflect on the events of the day, usually at bedtime, as I am reminded of what a blessed life we have. I so want to raise a grateful child! I want her to be thankful for everything we have...while not giving her everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment