Search This Blog

Thursday, August 11, 2011

No es bueno

Olivia and I came zipping home at 7:00 tonight from an evening of swimming at the pool. Antsy because 7:00 is my bedtime target for her, even if we usually miss, I called Evan to let him know we'd be home in a few minutes. He told me he had just pulled a pizza out of the oven, so I asked him to cut up a piece for Olivia and have it and her milk ready for us when we rolled in. He had dinner set up on the porch when we arrived.
I've had better pizza. This was Mexican frozen pizza - cheddar cheese, sausage chunks, green onions, diced tomatoes atop a tangy not-quite-tomato-sauce-but-not-exactly-taco-sauce-either paste. Pie and I were both hungry enough to eat the first several bites without complaining. However, around bite five, she dug in her heels and started refusing the stuff. I didn't push it, mostly because it didn't seem healthy enough, in my opinion, to force it on her. Also, my red, green and brown rejects were conspicuously scattered across my own plate. I gave her a banana with peanut butter and a dish of yogurt and strawberries to round out the meal instead.
When Pie was done, I cleaned her off and started to remove her bib. It was then she spied something peculiar in the pouch of her vinyl bib. "Poop," she declared. Sitting in her bib was a lone sausage ball.
Not too far off...

No comments:

Post a Comment