Search This Blog

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Let me just say, I know I write a lot (a LOT) about mine and Olivia's brief discussions about God, often at bedtime, but I just have to blog it. This is a journal of our life, and these are things we talk about.
Tonight at bedtime, I was thanking God (aloud) for all his blessings - our family, our home, our cozy soft beds. I told Olivia that every good thing we have is from God. She said, "He's in heaven."
Me: Who else is in heaven?
Olivia: Jesus.
Me: That's right. Jesus is in heaven with God. Who else is there?
Olivia: My grandpa (my dad). And my other Grandpa (my dad's dad). And Great-Gram (she's alive).
I assured her, again, that Great-Gram is not in heaven yet, but will be there soon.
We've only talked about her two grandpas in heaven once and it was a couple weeks ago, so it was sweet to hear her refer to my dad not just as "grandpa," but "my grandpa." He would LOVE her. Funny enough, one of her favorite songs right now is "When we all get to heaven" (from her kids' hymns CD :) which says "When we all get to heaven, what a day of rejoicing that will be!" I can't help but look forward to that joyous reunion.

No comments:

Post a Comment