Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Mommy's Best Kisses

A parent of one of my second-graders this past year gave me a book for my birthday in June. It is a book she used to read to her boys when they were little and she said it became a favorite. She wrote me a note saying she hoped Olivia would enjoy it as much as her kids did. She loves it. It's called Mommy's Best Kisses and it's a sweet story about a mom putting her baby to bed, but not before she kisses him all over. Each page has a darling animal mom kissing her baby on his "strong arms" (a monkey), "pink knees" (an ostrich), "rosy cheeks" (a hippo), and so on.
Olivia has especially taken to the "plump tummy" (a piglet) and "wee nose" (an elephant) and uses those descriptive words often. She's told both Evan and I that we have plump tummies, right before planting a kiss on them.
Yesterday, I was kissing her cheeks so I said, "I'm kissing your rosy cheeks!" and then I started kissing her all over, trying to remember the book for memory. I went through all the animal pages in my head as I announced each body part I was kissing. "Your wee nose! Your pink knees! Your soft hair! Your little toes! Your sleepy eyes --" She stopped me right there.
"DROWSY eyes!" she corrected.
And now a lesson on synonyms...

Here's the book. Buy it for anyone who's expecting a baby.

Mommy's Best Kisses Board Book

No comments:

Post a Comment